Ultimate Pool Shop
Amateur Championships 2023 Qualifier Entry
The Ultimate Pool Amateur Championships return for 2023 with a new format, increased entries and a new regional qualifying system aimed at truly finding the best amateur player in the UK.
The tournament, reformatted since 2022's edition that was won by now Ultimate Pool Pro Ryan Fleming, will see 12 different regional qualifiers take place across the UK and Ireland over the coming months. Those regional qualifiers are:
Cambridgeshire: The Court, Peterborough, Saturday 29th July (£50)
Cheshire: Off The Rails, Crewe, Saturday 8th July (£50)
Essex: Legends Sports and Pool Bar, Braintree, Saturday 1st July (£50)
Kent: Chatham Pool and Snooker Club, Chatham, 1st-2nd July (£100)
Ireland: See ultimatepoolireland.com to register (£150)
Leicestershire: Club 147, Leicester, Saturday 3rd June (£50)
Lincolnshire: The Sportsman, Boston, Saturday 1st July (£50)
Northamptonshire: Wellingborough Cue Sports, Wellingborough, Saturday 8th July (£50)
South West: Allstars, Taunton 29th-30th July (£100)
Yorkshire: Pilky's Cue Sports Club and Bar, Keighley - Saturday 24th June (£50)
- North West: PSD Sports Lounge, Liverpool - Saturday 27th May (£50)
- London: Racks Maidenhead - Saturday 20th May (£50)
- Yorkshire: White Rose Ossett - 3rd & 4th June (£100)
- Somerset: Bullets Sports Bar, Yeovil - Saturday 22nd July (£50)
- Wales: Shooters Sports Bar, Neath - Saturday 3rd June (£50)
- Lancashire: Grand Hotel, Blackpool, Thursday 15th June (£50)
- Hertfordshire: Franks Pool & Snooker Club, Hatfield, Saturday 29th July (£50)
- Devon: The Edgcliff, Newquay, Cornwall, Saturday 29th July (£50)
- Scotland: Bullseye Sports Bar, Greenock, Saturday 22nd July (£50)
- Norfolk: Pinches Pool & Snooker, Norwich, Saturday 5th August (£50)
- Cumbria: QZone, Carlisle, Sunday 6th August (£50)
Entry & Format
Entry is £100* and there are two chances to qualify over each regional qualifier's duration with tournaments being played down to a predetermined number on both of the 2 days.
Where a qualifier is held on one day, the entry is £50. 1 Player will qualify per 8 confirmed spaces.
If a local qualifier has 32+ runners, that region will gain 8 entries into the Main Draw. If a local qualifier has 16 or above, but less than 32, that region receive gain 4 entries into the Main Draw.
The main tournament itself will begin on the 30th September, live on Ultimate Pool TV, and will last over the course of nine weekends in the autumn featuring all of the regional qualifying players from around the UK.
The full format, based on 64 players, will see 16 groups of 4 players, with each weekend featuring two groups.
On the Saturday, the groups will play off in a round robin format to eliminate two players from each group, with the top two players from each progressing to the Sunday.
On the Sunday, it will be round robin again to decide the top 2 players, before a weekly final decides who moves on to Finals Day.
The winner stands to bank £5,000 with further prize structure information to be announced.
Great format and plenty of pool to be played. Enjoyed the experience and will be entering again in future